Wednesday, March 23, 2011

O Happy Day!

Brian is HOME! We are so thankful to have him back! It was a long month!

He fell asleep on the way to welcome Dada. He was a BIT startled when he woke up with Dada peeking into his car seat!

Ok, I remember you. YAY! DADA!    

He got flowers for me and a new big boy chair for Caden! Oh, and a surfboard for himself. Ha. He was in California, after all.



Big boy! He turned 8 months old yesterday!

 Speaking of flowers, Caden and I went with some friends to the Azalea Festival on Saturday. It was a long (almost 2 hour), but beautiful drive up north. I think we were the youngest people there by about 40 years! I guess I do think of older people when I think of Azaleas. It was fun though! I wish we could have picked strawberries afterward at a nearby farm, but apparently you need a reservation. And they don't start until next month. Maybe next time.



In other news, click on the link below to see a video featuring Brian's squadron, VMGR-152 (The Sumos). Most everyone from VMGR-152 is up there helping out. Brian, however, is the FDO (flight duty officer) this week, so he will not be going up to mainland for relief efforts yet. I am happy that he will be home (especially since he JUST got home from being gone a month), but at the same time we both want to help. Please continue to pray for the people of Japan as well as the squadron and others who are up there helping! Thanks.

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/110324/vmgr-152-flies-supplies-disaster-stricken-areas

No comments: