Thursday, February 2, 2012

Flowers Galore!

It has been wonderful having Brian home! I know I have been slacking on updating the blog, but I will try to be better! Spring is right around the corner here and the weather has started to change (no more rainy season-yay!!) and the flowers have begun to bloom. It is my favorite season in Okinawa. It has been sunny and we have been able to play outside every day!

Last weekend was the annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Nago and Brian had never been, so we decided to go! The weather could not have been more perfect. I even got hot in my jeans and sweater and wished I had worn a tank top! In January! Gotta love Okinawa. The blossoms weren't in full bloom yet, but they were absolutely gorgeous.





There was a performer who juggled and we had a good time watching him on our way out.


And Caden met a new friend while watching the performer. :)



Yesterday we went with one of our playgroups to the Sunflower Festival. It wasn't much of a festival on a Wednesday morning, but maybe on the weekends. Caden had a ball running through the fields! Until he fell and landed on a hard sunflower stem/stump and scratched his face and got all muddly. Muddy and bloody. At least we got some cute pictures. And so did some of the locals who were taking pictures of Caden like he was Tom Cruise or something!




No comments: