Friday, April 27, 2012

It's a...

BABY!

We had our 19 week ultrasound yesterday and it was just as exciting the second time around to see that little growing baby move around on the screen! The level of detail amazes me, especially when it comes to seeing the heart chambers fluttering and the complex spine and bones. Baby was moving around a lot and kept opening their mouth, sticking out their tongue, and putting their hand by its mouth. Here are some pictures that we got!

Waving, or hiding from all the pictures!


I can't wait to meet you!


Looks like a gigantic tongue, but I think it's a hand at its mouth.


And to answer the burning question, GIRL or BOY?! Come ON!

We don't know yet. Our friend makes cakes on the island and she offered to make us a "gender reveal cake". What is that?! I had to google it myself. Apparently it's a growing trend and people even throw "gender reveal parties" for their friends and family to join in on the excitement of finding out the gender.

You just tell the radiologist that you don't want to know the sex and they put the results in an envelope for you to deliver to your baker. Then, they bake you a cake that is either pink or blue when you cut into it! I thought it was a fun idea, so she is making ours now and we will cut into it this weekend with all of our family on Skype/Facetime! Much more exciting than finding out in a dark room with a stranger. I can't wait! The anticipation is killing me.

Self control. Self control. Self control.


 About a month ago, we did go out in town to a Japanese clinic to try and find out the sex. We don't like to wait. If pregnancy tests came with gender tests, that would be awesome! We found out Caden was a "boy" at this same clinic. And that is all the radiologist said that time. "Boy". Guess his English was pretty limited or he wasn't very chatty! But this time around, we had a guy who's English vocabulary was much more extensive. He was really outgoing and nice, but said he couldn't tell and that it was too early. Even with the Apple Tea I drank to get the baby moving... nothing! Oh well, now we have the chance to do the cake thing.

Here are some pictures from that attempt!

Drinking my Apple Tea, as per my friend Audrey's recommendation! 


Brian in his tiny slippers you change into at the door.


Hoping to walk in this room and find out! 


Waiting to go in the exam room.


I went to the restroom (for the 14th time) and saw this room in the hallway and just thought it was funny.

I have a feeling it is a boy, and Brian doesn't have a guess. He just wants the baby to be healthy, as do I! Do you have a guess?? Stay tuned!

No comments: