Monday, October 15, 2012

Asher Brooks

The newest Simmons babe has arrived! Asher Brooks Simmons was born on September 21, 2012!


For those interested, here is a quick birth story...
 
On September 20th, a 10:30am sonogram found him to have actually lost weight since the sonogram three weeks prior. The doctor said the aging placenta was most likely the cause and it was not getting enough nutrients to the baby. So, she decided to induce labor.
 
We took Caden to stay with Kristi and JoeBob, ate lunch at Olive Garden, and arrived at Labor & Delivery at 3pm. At 5pm they inserted Cervadil and I had to stay still for two hours while it worked to thin my cervix. They let me eat dinner (woohoo!) and gave me an Ambien to sleep (woohoo!). At 5am they took out the Cervadil. I started feeling contractions start about 5:20am. I was hooked up to monitors for a consistent 30 minutes before they started a level 2 pitocin at 5:45am.

At 8:30am I was dialated to a 3 and they started my epidural. I was first to jump in line for that! The nurse said that it was a good idea to get it early, especially since the doctor made rounds around 9am, breaking everyones water and then the epidurals are in high demand! At 9am the doctor broke my water. They increased pitocin all the way up to 22 throughout the day and put me on oxygen since the baby had "lates". Lates is when their heart rate drops late, at the end of the contraction. The oxygen helped his lates though and I was relieved after stressing some!

At 1:30pm I was dialated to a 7-8 and he was born at 2:04pm! The doctor ran in just in time to catch him and I didn't even have to push! Seriously. The doctor was nowhere to be found and the nurse had to HOLD HIM IN with both hands while Brian was digging in her pockets for her cell to keep calling/paging the doc!

He was a healthy 6lbs 3oz and 19.5inches and had a perfect apgar score of 9.9! So blessed!

 

 

2 comments:

Musli Power extra online said...

so cute baby boy and so beautiful pic .

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful family!! :)