Saturday, April 17, 2010

James Lafferty Glass (1932-2010)


After a valiant struggle, Grandpa Glass passed away yesterday due to diabetes and heart complications. He was 78 years young and knew how to make everyone laugh. You could never take anything he said seriously though. For example, here is how the conversation went when I told him Brian and I were having a baby:

Me: We're expecting, Grandpa!
Grandpa: Expecting what?!
Me: A BABY!
Grandpa: Oh, how did that happen?
Me: HAHAHA! Do I really need to explain?
Grandpa: Well, is it going to be Japanese?
Me: I hope not! Then I'd be in trouble wouldn't I?

In addition to his ability to make people laugh, he was intelligent businessman, author, and artist/designer. He was also a veteran who served in both the U.S. Naval Reserve and the U.S. Army Medical Corps from 1950 to 1958. He knew anything and everything there was to know about history, especially the history of his hometown- Houston, Texas. Whenever I had a school history paper, I turned to him.

Rest in peace, Grandpa. No more suffering. I know you are full of energy once again and are dancing in Heaven. You will truly be missed. (P.S. I know you are reading this! You were one of my few blog readers!) XOXO



No comments: