Sunday, June 13, 2010

26 Years Young

I had a fantastic birthday weekend! It started off with a shrimp boil on Friday night with a few of my closest friends.

We bought a big turkey fryer and the boys cracked open some cold beers and cooked in the garage while the girls hung out upstairs. I forgot to get a picture of them cooking it all, but boy was it tasty! You can find a link to the recipe we used here (except we added frozen crab legs about 5 minutes before the shrimp went in). I know I say this a lot, but I really am blessed to have such a great group of friends. I love them to pieces.

The gang (minus Jace- the picture taker)


Brian- ready to get messy!


Me, Kellee, Charity, and Amy H.


The cake that Brian got for me



The festivities continued on Saturday when some of the girls and I went to Dulce (a new nail salon on 58 near the Foster commissary gate) for manicures and pedicures. We started a little tradition of going to get our nails done and someone bringing cupcakes on your birthday! I actually like that place better than Cocoks because they have the big massage chairs and they use lotion instead of oil to massage your feet. They also have magazines upon magazines dedicated exclusively to nail art! I have a hard time choosing my design every time, so being given all of those choices makes it even harder!

Eve and Becky getting manicures


Andromache getting her toes done


After we got our nails done, we headed over to one of my favorite lunch places, Cactus Eatrip, for bagel sandwiches. Mmmm. They are so good and my new favorite is the BLT on a homemade tomato basil bagel.

Finally, Sunday came (my actual birthday) and it didn't even feel like my birthday since I had already celebrated all weekend! That is, until Brian made me blueberry-banana pancakes and gave me a sweet card and these comfy slippers I've been wanting. I've only been wearing them for a day, but my huge, swollen feet are already singing their praises!


We ended the birthday weekend with a romantic dinner for two on the patio of Transit Cafe and a nice walk along the seawall.

I love this man


06-13-2010



Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards, flowers, and gifts! XOXO

1 comment:

Liza said...

Wish I could have been there! Glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Lova ya!